Friday, March 21, 2014
in Downtown Saline
6 -9 PM
TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT
We are not longer accepting names to add to wait list. The wait list is already at 100.
Tickets are necessary to visit participating businesses from 6pm to 9pm, EXCEPT restaurants
who are open to the public and will have an area set aside for Taste ticket holders.
The Taste of Saline is a celebration of the many talented people who live and work in the Saline area. This ticketed event provides a unique opportunity to sample culinary treats and hear and see talented musicians, artists, and performers – all from the Saline area. Wander inside our fabulous participating downtown establishments and be entertained as you experience all that Saline has to offer! Honor students from Saline High School will greet you at each location and share a little bit of history about the building, thanks to the Saline Historical Society.
We are so grateful to all of the restaurants, businesses, musicians, artists, the Saline Historical Society, and the Honor students who have all generously agreed to give of their time and talents for this event.
And you can help determine Saline’s first Cupcake Bake-Off Champion! Ticket holders will taste and vote for the best cupcake from our four finalists determined in February.
It all starts at the Stone Arch Arts and Events where you will check-in and pick up your map, be part of the ‘Cupcake Bake-Off’, listen to fabulous entertainment by Sean Panikkar (America’s Got Talent finalist) and his talented wife, Jane, see some wonderful art, then be on your way to experience more food, art and music inside these participating businesses.
- BRECON GRILLE: Tasting by Brecon Grille | Entertainment by Leo Babcock, Tenor and Gene Wilton, keyboard
- COBBLESTONE ROSE: Tasting by Gwen’s Cake Decorating & Etc. | Entertainment by Saline High School Orchestra members
- DAN’S DOWNTOWN TAVERN: Tasting by Dan’s | Entertainment: Karaoke
- DETROIT DOG COMPANY: Tasting by Detroit Dog Company
- DOWNTOWN DOJO: Tasting by Benito’s Pizza | Entertainment by Saline High School Jazz Band (led by Nate Lampman)| Mark Henzel Demonstrations
- DROWSY PARROT: Tasting by Drowsy Parrot | Entertainment by Green Side, featuring Doug Hughes and Friends
- KAT FOLEY PHOTOGRAPHY: Tasting by Cancun Restaurant | Entertainment by Jim Dandy Acoustic Guitar Trio | Featured Artist: Kat Foley
- MAC’S ACADIAN SEAFOOD: Tasting by Mac’s | Entertainment by Dixieland Band with Dave McDonaugh
- MANGIAMO’S ITALIAN GRILL: Tasting by Mangiamo’s | Entertainment by Joel Zmuda (Big Band Quartet) | Photography Exhibit by Heidi McClelland Photography | Student Art Banner project winners
- MAUREEN’S DESIGNS: Tasting by Biwako Sushi | Entertainment Pending
- MY FAVORITE CAFE: Tasting by My Favorite Cafe | Entertainment by Radiant Brass Quintet with
- Doug Hughes | Featured Artists: Jean Canavan, Carol Evert, and Thomas Rosenbaum
- PINEAPPLE HOUSE: Tasting by Spotted Dog Winery | Entertainment by Noel Caparesse, Acoustic Vocalist
- REINCARNATIONS: Tasting by Baker’s Nook | Entertainment by Elvis Impersonator
- SALINE DOWNTOWN DINER: Tasting by Saline Downtown Diner | Entertainment by Fiddler Duo with Bill Belte and Claire Barnish | Art by local artists
- SALINE MAIN STREET OFFICE: Tasting by Tippin’s Market | Entertainment by Doris Cubberly and a septet of Clarinetists from New Horizon Band | Featured Artists: Saline Painters Guild with Kathy Hiner, Sandra DiFazio, Carol Evert, Thomas Rosenbaum, and Jean Canavan
- STONE ARCH ARTS & EVENTS: Tasting by Busch’s | Entertainment by Sean and Jane Panikkar | Featured Artist: Craig Harris | Saline elementary and Middle school art organized by Laura Laatsch and Saline Art Teachers
It’s going to be great night out on the town – a night to remember! More details to come!
For more information about the event contact Bob at email@example.com or 734-316-2119 or Ginger Winter, Co-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be added to the wait list please email Karen email@example.com